100% of Donations
go directly to the horses!
Hay Burr Inn’s all-volunteer staff is dedicated to saving the lives of horses that are victims of starvation, neglect, abuse, bound for slaughter, or whose owners are unable to provide for their needs. It is our goal to rehabilitate and restore the physical and emotional health of the horses and find them a loving home, or continue to give them the special, intensive care they need to live out their days in peace.
Hay Burr Inn is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that strives to:
- Promote and provide healthy, loving and safe shelter, proper nutrition, veterinary and farrier care
- Restore trust and physical and mental health of neglected, abused and abandoned horses
- Intercept horses bound for slaughter
- Foster and locate loving forever-homes that will care for these animals; and will include a return contract if the family can no longer maintain an appropriate home for the horse.
- Ensure a lifetime of safety for our adopted horses: Horses that do not fully recover due to the severity of their physical or behavioral issues, live out the rest of their days, in peace, at our sanctuary.
- Provide educational resources in regard to the proper care, training, and horse ownership.
- Provide a humane and dignified end of life, when appropriate.
- Be an outspoken advocate for the humane treatment of animals, to diminish intentional suffering, abuse, and neglect.
We welcome all who would like to volunteer
(Community Service Hours and Course Credits for students are available. Click Here for more information)
Visit us, and meet our horses (and Donkey) in person!!
If you’d like to visit our farm, we respectfully request a donation of $5.00 or more, as it costs time and resources to give tours. Thank you in advance.
Donations of funds and/or in-kind items can be used as a tax deductible contribution.
Please call ahead!
Location: 169 Black Hill Road, Plainfield, CT